Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesday Morning Artists!!! Painting Group

Hi everyone Painting Lady 1 here!!  Well had our ususal Tuesday Morning art Class for my Seniors at The Dundee Senior Center,  this is a REALLY, REALLy SPECIAL GROUP OF ARTISTS!!!  Now I have learned that when one puts things in capitals its like shouting at the top of one's lungs!!?  Well someone should shout out about these artists!!  Frist of all I am the youngest one in the group, I am their art teacher,instructor all around general pain in the tusche!!  I am there strictly to help when a problem arises with any of their work, which means I have to be on my toes!  These Artists are so wonderful! They rang in age from 50ish, my age,to 90ish!  Some work on oils, some arcyllics, some watercolors and we have the most amazing color pencil artists in this group! All of their artwork is different subjects too, I  never know when I have to help with a landscape or work on a face on a dog,or a person.  I have one artist who paints the most beautiful landscapes,everyone loves his work,we are able to watch each other ,seeing how the work progresses thru out the morning.  This particular artist will work all morning on a piece, then we hear that awful noise!!  You know that scraping sound, when one is taking paint off a canvas!  Three hours of work, then he is scraping off all of the paint, starting over, because the color wasn't right or a tree branch was in the wrong place! Then he starts all over again, but I tell you this gentleman ends up with some of the most amazing paintings!  And his works sells at our local art show in the fall,  a piece that should sell for over$500.00 in a local art gallery, he sells at a 1/4 of the price, because he doesn't want to charge to much to his buyer!?  The Tuesday Morning PAinters can range in size to 10 artists on a bad winter/rainy day, to over 20 to 30 on a bright sunny day! It is amazing to be part os such a group of artists, I never know what I will learn next from them!  It is also a wonderful social group for everyone, I have been doing this for almost 4 years now, this group take their art very seriously, sometimes they are so intent on what they are painting, one can hear a pin drop in the artroom!
I honestly hate to close things up at noo and go home! If I could do this on a full time basises and make a living at this, believe me I would!? Well I have to get ready for my real job that actually pays the bills, so I will write about The Tuesday Morning Artists next week and let you allknow how they are doing!?
Have a great week end with your family and friends,get out there and paint,draw, whatever you do art wise, take your family with to the park or forest preserve,let them enjoy the sunshine, while you paint or draw, or snap pictures on your digital camera for future artwork!!  God Bless, The Painting Lady 1

1 comment:

  1. Well, we keep hoping to get to one of the shows and your comments make it all the more imperative that we come see your troupe of artists work up close. Thanks for sharing. The Woods

    ReplyDelete