Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Painting Lady 1 Road Trip to Augusta ,Wisconsin!

Hi everyone, got back from my Mom's last night!  Drove 285 miles, had a beautiful drive!  Discovered McDonalds' Wild Berry Smoothies!!  Now these are really ,really GOOD!! Did not take the interstate except where I absolutely had to! I went thru some of the most beautiful country in Wisconsin and Illinois!  I made really good time too! Actually did better on the 2 lanes highways that the interstate, because, not much construction on Wisconsin 2 lane highways.  Even made it thru the Dells pretty good too!  This was on a Monday to!, Now if you are going on a trip to Wisconsin, take the time to map out some county routes and roads, going thru the small towns is worth the time and effort!
  My Mom lives in a little town called Augusta, Wisconsin, outside of Eau Claire, it's a pretty good boogy to get there, but again it was worth it.  Anyway we took care of unloading and setting things for her in her home, then she told me she had ordered a Strawberry Cream pie for supper from the Happy Hunter Rest. in town, so we headed there to get the pie from Josie.  Well I thought that I had had good pies before, but WOW!  Josie said she had just made the pie fresh and it was ready to go!  Did I want to take a look?  This was the most BEAUTIFUL FRESH STRAWBERRY cream pie I had ever seen!  HUGE, Huge strawberries and lots of cream!  Let me tell you that pie was soo good after supper!!
 So that's the Happy Hunter Rest. in Augusta, Wisconsin you have to stop in and get pie from Josie!  Now on Friday night when I got up  to Mom's,unpacked and organized, rather than cook at home I took Mom out to Friday Night Fish Fry at The Black Bear Supper Club on Rt.#27 just over the bridge of the Eau Claire River,about 7 miles outside of Augusta.  Now by this time it is almost 7-8Pm, the place is packed!  We were seated, were going to have the fish fry, but the waitress told us they had just started an all you can eat buffet, which included their fish, ribs and let me tell you, the best ever to die for fried chicken,plus shrimp,mac and cheese, you name it they pretty much had it on that buffet, all for only ,get this, $12.95! We got the buffet!  Worth every penny! good service!  Great Coffee and anyone who knows me I love my coffee and cream!  We went home happy campers about 9-10PM!  This was just the start of my week end with my Mom!  I will continue with this a little later on,have to get some work done now that I am back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment