Monday, September 20, 2010

September Make It Take It Oil Painting Workshop at Dundee Senior Center

Hi The Painting LAdy 1 here!!! We just completed our September Make It Take It Oil Painting Workshop here at The Dundee Senior Center, now I normally have anywhere from 4 - 10 students for this workshop.  But this month most of my regular students have been out and about traveling with family and friends!  Which believe me is a really good thing to be doing ,what with the beautiful weather we have had, but today,Monday, this was a good day to be indoors and paint!  I still had my workshop, but I had one student!  Which acutally was pretty wonderful!  We had such a good time painting together!  The day went by so fast for both of us! I had a wonderful little painting of an old fashion brick one room school house, that I found on the internet. The school house theme goes along with our kids going back to school, getting into that school routine, after school sports, music, art lessons, parents you know what I am talking about here! Well anyway my student and I had a wonderful one on one painting session thru out the day, I was able to give her my undivided attention thru out her painting.  Which is something that all art teachers should do from time to time!   My student told me later that she felt she really learned quite a bit today by having her art teacher all to herself!  Which made me feel like I made a difference with her and her artwork!  So art teachers out there, if you have to opportuntiy to have a smaller class or even to have one student for a session, by all means grab that opportunity!  You never know what a difference you may make in someones' life by just being there to encourage them along!  I have to get ready for another workshop for this month so take care and Happy Painting!!  Yours The Painting Lady 1

No comments:

Post a Comment